Updated: 4 days ago
If you are a skin and body care enthusiast as much as we are, then you should have noticed how popular and reputed turmeric has become in the skin and body care industry and community over the years. We too love it so much that we have one in our soap collection: the Turmeric and Honey soap.
Although it is originally a kitchen spice, this native southern Indian and Indonesian rhizome has beauty benefits, which we strive to preserve in the process of making our soaps.
The skin benefits of turmeric range from medicinal to cosmetic.
▪ Thanks to its most active component, curcumin, turmeric will work wonders for conditions such as psoriasis and eczema, due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits. Just don’t take our word for it. In 2015, BioMed Research International, a peer-reviewed journal, published a study that indicates turmeric is effective in treating patients with psoriasis, which is one of the most complicated skin disorders.
▪ Turmeric is a great remedy for hyperpigmentation, the darkening of an area of skin or nails caused by increased melanin. You might assume that the strong natural colouring properties of the turmeric powder would discolour the skin, but it has the opposite effect in the soap. In India, turmeric has long been recognized for its capacity to lighten the skin and fade dark spots. As a result, turmeric is being more commonly used in the treatment of age spots and other pigmentation problems around the world.
▪ The anti-inflammatory properties of Turmeric may help decrease redness and calm inflammation, whereas its antibacterial compounds may help to disinfect and cure the skin and battle acne.
But why try ours?
▪ Just like all of our soaps, our turmeric soap is made using the cold process method. This is the slowest and most time-consuming way to make soap but is the most favoured way to craft excellent bars of soap. It allows to retain the inherent benefits of all the natural ingredients used in the process and gently release their beneficial properties over months, without compromising their integrity. Consequently, it leaves your skin moisturized rather than dry.
▪ We infuse the olive oil with turmeric, which is a way of doubling its benefits.
▪ You can also enjoy the virtues of honey: hydrating, nutritious, healing, soothing and purifying.
▪ It contains natural butters and oils such as glycerin, which contain essential vitamins, antioxidants and nutrients that contribute to healthy skin, help cure and defend it.
▪ We put a lot of research and work into each final recipe.
So, what are you waiting for? Try our Turmeric & Honey soap today.
*Disclaimer: We do not claim to be licensed skin specialists or any type of medical professionals. The information provided in or through our Website pertaining to your health or wellness or any other aspect of your life is for information only and is not intended to be a substitute for the professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by your own Medical Provider or Mental Health Provider.
Psoriasis is a widespread systemic inflammatory condition of the skin, nails and joints, affecting about 2% of the general population and affecting the long-term quality of life substantially.